3b: Tsinta First Flight

I pray

let me find the strength
let me master the skies
let me ride the winds
let me choose my path
let me regain my soul
let nothing of me be lost
let me not forever drift
in this cold lifeless space

I see

the ground far below
with all I have ever known
slowly fade away

through the distant mist
islands floating in the clouds
vines trailing below

all around me now
space and stars and rocks and void
nothing of my home

I remember

meeting my companions my shipmates
in a calm and sacred place
called there by a shared goal

the call of the gods and the spirits
the call of instinct and desire
to claim the hand of Martin Cooper

sniffing growling sizing each other up
forming a bond forming a pack
joining together to sail through space

we must prove ourselves
we must show we are worthy
to claim the hand of Martin Cooper
by gathering turnips for him deep in space

we must complete this task
this task like many commands of the gods
seeming simple but with deeper mystic meaning and purpose

we claimed a ship
not one given to us freely with understanding and purpose
but one siezed by invoking the crystallized power of a mad god's dark dream
it stained our souls but it was necessary
for my patrons and my goddess Melora have no power in the land of goblins

we fling ourselves into space like young birds jumping from the nest
stupid clumsy untrained
trusting our instincts and the love of the gods and nature to let us fly

I see

our ship's wings and sails
moving flapping held by lines
as we try to steer

my new companions
working yelling scurrying
tired and frazzled

motes of dust moving
chasing spinning flying fast
heralds of a gust

I feel

pain
skin of my fingers and palms scraped raw
pain
muscles of my forearms and shoulders burn
pain
from constant hauling on lines
pain
I can barely grip I can barely haul
pain
screaming at me to stop
pain
pushing me to rest
pain
make it stop
pain
neck sore from whiplash
pain
soles of feet ache from standing
pain

I must press on I cannot be weak

my body must always work my body must always move my body must always haul my body is tied to the lines my body is tied to this task my body is tied to the others my body is tied to the ship my body is tied to machines my body cannot escape my body cannot stop my body is tied every second my body is tied knotted tied lashed tied

but my mind my soul are untied

I am nothing but eyes to see the wind
and arms to move the sail
just a gear just a machine just a soulless thing

I see nothing new
I hear nothing new
I feel nothing new

I have no will
I make no choices
my mind my feelings my thoughts
blank unneeded unwanted
turn outwards

I am adrift
d
is
c
onn
e
c
ted
from the earth
from the forest
from my spirits

unmoored lonely
no
nature around me
no
patterns of connection
no
living things moving
no
sounds or songs

I do not hear

the earth
the forest
the spirits

the silence gnaws
the silence tears
the silence demands to be filled

I must fill the void with something

I see I smell I feel

the others on the ship
the others moving wings
the others hailing lines

the others are in pain
the others are confused
the others are disconnected

we are all the same
we are all working
we are all tied

no one can fly this ship
no one body can handle it
no one mind can understand it

a gust comes

we react

we all do our task
we all do our part
we all work through pain
we all focus through fatigue

the ship soars gracefully
moving tacking in control
we are flying

we work together
we move together
we speak together
the ship echoes with it
there is a sound
there is a pattern
there is a flow
one to the next to the next
the sound the beat
of a crew moving a ship
I feel it through my feet
I feel it through my hands
I feel it through my mind

I understand

we must join
we must merge
we must find completion in each other
we must act as one thing one living ship

bound to each other
bound to the wood
bound to the sails
bound even to the iron devices

I must surrender

my mind my body my will
to the crew to the team
to us

I pray

let us find the strength
let us master the skies
let us ride the winds
let us choose our path
let us gain gain our soul
let all of us be found
let us fly as long as we will
in this brisk open space

Next (Mabellyne)
Next Tsinta

No comments:

Post a Comment